[rt-users] Re: Simple Question (Jonathan Jesse)

John Landman J.Landman at ru.ac.za
Fri Jul 29 06:10:17 EDT 2005

Is this a similar problem to the one I queried about last week which remains
unresolved for us :

[shortened version]

**
Problem : queue-specific RT scrip / template combination not being presented
even when named with the same name as the global scrip and / or template
name as suggested in an FAQ.

Query : how do we get queue-specific scrip / template response to work?
**

We have encountered a problem here with queue-specific scrips which don't
seem to work whatever one does.  As you know a queue scrip should show
rather than a global scrip / template under certain conditions.

Bruce Campbell ... suggested ... global had to be turned off ....

Does this apply to the queue specific scrips which don't substitute anyway?

An FAQ we found ... says that RT substitutes the global scrip response with
a queue scrip with the same name as the global scrip.  The FAQ doesn't say
turn off the global scrips in the
config. (Admins may not be too comfortable with this.)

With some of the things we have tried no scrip / template appears at all....

===
we just had another attempt today by turning off the globals and using queue
scrip to call global templates in some cases and queue templates in other
cases - still waiting to see what happens now but it looks like nothing is
responding now.
===

Yours ->
John Landman

don't be irreplaceable - if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted. -
Dilbert
--  Department of Geography , Rhodes University,
    P O Box 94,  Grahamstown,  6140 South Africa
  /|||||||||||||\ humans are a resource not a cost - a peter drucker
principle