[rt-users] Bug regarding CC: behavior

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Jul 29 11:47:47 EDT 2005

I have a queue called Testing.  When I configure bugs at rtdomain.com to
submit to Testing with action correspond, it correctly creates a ticket.
However, RT adds bugs at rtdomain.com to the CC: list for the ticket.

In the Queue configuration for Testing, there is the field "Reply
Address:" underneath which is written, "(If left blank, will default to
bugs at rtdoamin.com".  (There is no close parenthesis on the web page.)  So
I know the default address is bugs at rtdomain.com.

If I actually put the text "bugs at rtdomain.com" in the field, rather than
leaving it blank, *then* bugs at rtdomain.com is not added to the CC: list
for the new tickets.

In my opinion, this is buggy behavior - it should not add
bugs at rtdomain.com to the CC: list since it's supposed to pick that up as
the default.  (It was causing me the "RT thinks this is a bounce" problem
I had earlier.)

My workaround is to fill in bugs at rtdomain.com for each queue, but there
are a lot queues; and having to do this is wrong, given the word "default"
in the text.

-- Asheesh.

--
I refuse to consign the whole male sex to the nursery.  I insist on
believing that some men are my equals.