[rt-users] Doubt in LDAP Overlay contributed code in RT

Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com Ahalya_Nathan at mudnebr.com
Fri Jul 29 12:35:47 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Presently, we have Active Directory(AD) installed in our machines and the
logging into these machines is after authentication from the Active
Directory databases. Also our RT system is running on linux platform. Our
machines are on Windows platform.

The  login to RT system is authenticated  through the "Users" table.
Instead of doing this , we would like to carry the authentication from the
AD and got to know about the LDAP overlay code.
The problem right now is since AD is window based, could the contributed
code still be used to authenticate users because when i did some research
i found out that OpenLDAP server is the preferred system for Linux
platforms.

It will be of great help if anyone could suggest any other solution to go
past this problem

Regards,
Ahalya Nathan
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Information Technology, Metropolitan Utilities District
(402) 449-8218 phone
(402) 449-8131 fax
ahalya_nathan at mudnebr.com