[rt-users] LDAP_Overlay Questions

OliveAddict oliveaddict at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:21:17 EDT 2005

Hello Stevo,

For Active Directory, have you tried setting...?
'RealName'            => 'displayName',

I am having problems getting the LDAP Overlay from Mosemann to work
with AD on Windows 2003.  I am able to get ldapsearch working with
these settings.  I can also get the sample script in Authen::Smb's man
page working.  Unfortunately, RT will not authenticate with LDAP or
SMB.

Since I prefer to get LDAP working, here are those settings....

$LdapServer="foobar.mydomain.com";   # replaced real domain with mydomain
$LdapUser="Bind LDAP";      # works w/ ldapsearch command
$LdapPass="secret";
$LdapBase="cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=com";
$LdapUidAttr="sAMAccountName";    # is this right?
$LdapFilter="(objectclass=user)";   # works with ldapsearch
$LdapMap = {
    'Name'                => $RT::LdapUidAttr,
    'EmailAddress'        => 'mail',
    'RealName'            => 'displayName',  # works?
};