[rt-users] outgoing mail not working [was CC's not working.]

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Thu Jun 2 16:39:26 EDT 2005

Baxter Shepperson wrote:

> So mail is working per se on that machine? It’s not a question of a
> mail installation problem but rather an RT config problem? (Sorry,
> jumping in late on this)

Well, if I go to the command line and type "cat /etc/aliases |
/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --action correspond --url
http://tickets.progeny.com/", a ticket is created with the aliases file
in it. If I do this from another machine, that works too. But if I try
to reply to an existing ticket that has CC addresses in it, no one gets
the email. If I create a comment for an existing ticket, no one gets the
email. I can't really see how that could be a mail configuration
problem, but I am at a loss.

Vicki