[rt-users] Error Running Mutiple Instances

Kevin Sonney kevins at zumiez.com
Mon Jun 6 16:53:30 EDT 2005

RT Users,

I'm trying to run two RT instances on one box.  Everything installed
find and apache starts with no errors.  I am able to access the second
virtual host but when you access the first virtual host you get "Page
cannot be displayed" and the following error in /var/log/messages:

Jun  6 10:33:06 pierce RT: [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component:
/var/opt/rtlive/share/html/index.html (is file outside component root?)
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 847.
(/var/opt/rtdev/lib/RT.pm:277)

I'm found some info running multiple instances with FastCGI but not
modperl 2.0.

My config is :

Fedora Core 2
Perl 5.8.3
Modperl 2.0
Apache 2.0.49

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

<Virtualhost abcd.abcd.abcd.abcd>
   ServerName yyy.server.com
   DocumentRoot /var/opt/rtlive/share/html
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
   RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ http://yyy.server.com$1/index.html

   # this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /var/opt/rtlive/bin/webmux.pl

   <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>
</Virtualhost>

<Virtualhost abcd.abcd.abcd.abcd>
   ServerName zzz.server.com
   DocumentRoot /var/opt/rtdev/share/html
   AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
   RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ http://zzz.server.com$1/index.html

 # this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /var/opt/rtdev/bin/webmux.pl

  <Location />
      SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>