[rt-users] Thunderbird quote problem: This transaction appears to have no content

Felix Zhu rt-users at rock-tnsc.com
Thu Jun 9 04:44:15 EDT 2005

Hi all,

It seems that RT has some bugs when replay a ticket from thunderbird
with quoted lines.

Let me show you an example.

When I replay a ticket from thunderbird, the original messages are
quoted like this:

Reply test 2

Felix Zhu via RT wrote:

>*** MESSAGE INTERCEPTED BY MISSION CONTROL ***
>
>IT TASK #687 / RT / No Transaction Content
>
>Replay test 1

>You can also view this reply online at:
>http://website/Ticket/Display.html?id=687

But the content adds to RT is like this:

Reply test 2

Felix Zhu via RT wrote: *** MESSAGE INTERCEPTED BY MISSION CONTROL ***
IT TASK #687 / RT / No Transaction Content
this reply online at: http://website/Ticket/Display.html?id=687

Notice that all the line breaks are missing, and all quotes are in one
line! Then "This transaction appears to have no content" will apear in
message body when I reply/comment this correspondence.

I just upgraded RT from 3.2.1 to 3.4.2, both have same problem.

Regards,

Felix