[rt-users] Installation pain...

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jun 9 23:30:11 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:00:43PM -0400, Labonte, Phil wrote:
> as near as I can figure you have to balance *what you have in place*
> with *what it is you need* and *is it worth all the pain and time to get
> it to install on something not typical* or pay for some cheap hardware
> and get it to work on the platform with the *recommended*
> prerequisites...
>
> One of my installs in installed inside a VMware session that is working
> on my Windows XP machine.
>
> It's not worth all the time and unknown to get this software to work on
> none typical setups, it's just not.

RT is, admittedly, a touch cranky if you're not using it's stated
prereq's... though I didn't have *all that* much trouble getting it
running under Pg 7.4 and ModPerl 1.99rc4, though neither of those is
really recommended all that strongly.

But if you think *RT* is bad, go install WebGUI 5.5.4.  On PostGres.  I
dare you.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me