[rt-users] How to setup Request-tracker 3.4 on Debian (Sparc)

Jon Daley bestpractical at daley.snurgle.org
Sun Jun 12 07:49:42 EDT 2005

 	I just updated my debian machine, and it wanted to upgrade to
3.4.2.  The dependencies changed, and it no longer depending on
lib-apache2-mod-perl, but instead lib-apache-mod-perl, and so it wanted to
install both modules, which seemed like a bad idea to me - maybe it is
fine, I don't know.
 	But, that provided a good excuse to switch over to fastcgi, which
has been mentioned a number of times on this list as the better way to do
it.
 	I had saved the below email, and thank you to Sam for writing,
though it was quite easy to upgrade.  I use postgresql, but other than, I
have the same setup.
 	I wanted to add/clarify Sam's post, and say that the Debian stuff
works almost completely out of the box, unless you want RT to live in a
virtual host, and don't want RT visible outside of that virtual host.

Include /etc/request-tracker3.4/apache-fastcgi from within my virtual host
declaration.

Commented out this line, as apparently it is already being set to
/var/run/apache2/fastcgi somewhere else.  Nothing gets written there (yet)
so perhaps something is wrong with this.
#FastCgiIpcDir /var/run/fastcgi

Moved this line from apache-fastcgi to my .../sites-available/site, but
leave it outside of the virtual host section.
FastCgiServer /usr/share/request-tracker3.4/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi

Tada.  everything works perfectly.  It is always nice to have an easy
upgrade!