[rt-users] RE:Merge tickets based on Subject (but without ticket tag)

Geyer, Eric egeyer at akamai.com
Mon Jun 13 19:00:47 EDT 2005

Jesse wrote about this recently (see email below, I just joined this
list and don't have the original email to reply to.)

Any more information on this extension?  When will it be ready, and
where do I look for it when it is ready?

Thanks
Eric Geyer
Akamai Technologies

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 04:58:27PM +1000, Adrian Carter wrote:
> Okies,
> What I want to do is have incoming e-mail scan the subject and then
> look for it based on the regexp of the subject to id the ticket
first..
> Reason being I have a few systems that generate incoming e-mails to me

> that contain their own unique ticket id but obviously 3 emails from
the
> system currently generates 3 new tickets as they dont pre-pend our
> ticket id. Since their id is both unique to a case and common to all
> e-mails, i want to assign the ticket id based on this.
>
> Where do I need to fudge RT? :) I think doing it pre-ticket creation
> is the key, because merging them generates needles increasses in the
> ticket_id seed (as I get on avg 4 emails per incident from the
external
> sources)

We're putting the finishing touches on an RT extension to do just this.
I expect the rest of the test suite will land tomorrow, then we'll get
it out there.