[rt-users] Permission Denied message on Mail.pm

David Glasser glasser at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 15 17:15:47 EDT 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 11:32 AM, Juan Mas wrote:

> For some odd reason last night we had a bunch of instances of apache
> denying access to opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm giving the
> following error
>
> [Tue Jun 14 12:02:11 2005] [crit]: Permission Denied
> (/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:719)
>
> I noticed the time was off of the log as its not even 12 here.  And
> now, e-mails are working fine.  It was just for an 8 hour window last
> night.  Now its completely working fine.  There hasnt been any apache
> restart or anything it just started working again.. any ideas?

Juan,

This means that some operation that RT is performing on line 719 of
RT/Interface/Email.pm is having a "Permission Denied" error, not that
RT cannot access that file itself.  Unfortunately you didn't mention
what version of RT you have installed, so it's tough to figure out
exactly what RT is trying to do on that line.

--dave
   Code Monkey, Best Practical Solutions
David Glasser | glasser at bestpractical.com