[rt-users] Comment when ticket transfers queues

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Fri Jun 17 11:54:03 EDT 2005

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

>Vicki Stanfield wrote:
>

>>I am trying to determine how to get RT to prompt for and add a comment
>>to the ticket when it is transferred to another queue. I tried editing
>>

>1) RT adds transaction to the ticket that ticket was moved from queue A
>to queue B.
>2) You can't force user to add comment whe he moves ticket to another
>queue. Learn your users explain thier movement.
>3) You can notify queue and/or ticket watchers that ticket was moved.
>
>What exactly do you want to do?

While I know that I can't force the user to enter a comment, I would
like to prompt for a comment by popping up the editor place where a
comment would be typed in. I assume that this would be a new template or
the template from Admin Comment or Correspondence. I simply want RT,
when a user selects to transfer a ticket, to offer a place to type in a
comment in the same transaction and then write that to the ticket. I
want the result to be basically the same as if the user added a comment
and then transferred the ticket. When you view the ticket afterward, you
would see something like this:

	Fri Jun 10 14:06:11 2005  	*vicki - Correspondence added * 	  	 [Reply
<http://tickets.progeny.com/Ticket/Update.html?id=10929&QuoteTransaction=56871&Action=Respond>] [Comment
<http://tickets.progeny.com/Ticket/Update.html?id=10929&QuoteTransaction=56871&Action=Comment>]

Download (untitled)
<http://tickets.progeny.com/Ticket/Attachment/56871/41276/>
text/plain 12b
Done.

Vicki

  	Fri Jun 10 14:06:11 2005  	*vicki - Queue changed from System
Administration to FollowUp *