NEVERMIND (was Re: POLL: comments with status changes (was Re: [rt-users] Comment when ticket transfers queues))

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 17 13:51:58 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 01:47:07PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:52:04AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > Always.  I'd be perfectly happy if the only way to set the status
> > to resolved was by changing it inside the comment or reply
> > screens.
>
> Well, Jesse has just explained to me (off list, for some reason) that
> there are enough paying customers whose workflows would be broken by
> the idea that it's not likely ever to happen.

RT is used by lots and lots of very different organizations with many
different policies. Changing the application to force everyone into one
notion of a policy is a sure way to make the package completely useless
to lots of sites.  That's not to say that one couldn't build more
flexibility into the system to make it easier to enforce a site policy.

So, one possible extension would be to add comment/reply boxes to the
various other ticket update pages like "Basics" "People" and "Links."

Would that get close to doing what you want?