[rt-users] Auto-change queue based on requestor

Kevin Sonney KevinSonney at zumiez.com
Mon Jun 20 19:55:37 EDT 2005

I'm looking for some help with a scrip for the following design.

We will have one email address to submit issues to.
We will have multiple queues based on organizational unit, i.e.
Accounting, Real Estate
Users of a specific organizational unit will be a member of a group with
the same name as the queue.

I'm trying to write a scrip to determine the group of the requestor,
then move the ticket to that requestor's queue.

Unfortunately, I'm not very good at perl and I'm having a hard time with
the RT API.  I'm hoping somebody out there has done something similar to
this and is willing to share their code.  I found the AutoChangeQueue on
the wiki but I'm having a hard time tweaking it for what I'm trying to
do.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin