[rt-users] REST or SOAP for java application integration?

Darren Hartford dhartford at ghsinc.com
Tue Jun 21 11:44:02 EDT 2005

Hey all,
New to RT, and I'm trying to integrate it's well-respected ticketing
system with an internal Java Application (just some change-management
stuff) for ticket creation, maybe some other smaller things.  As I
understand, there are some discussions around either a REST or a SOAP
interface -- but I can not seem to find any solid information.

I've glossed over the 'online documentation'/wiki, as well as the
following e-mail threads:

http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/34655?search_string=rest;#346
55
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/43852?search_string=rest;#438
52
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/27317?search_string=soap;#273
17
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/23404?search_string=soap;#234
04

Does anyone have a solid pointer to REST or SOAP documentation,
preferably something that is 'formal' for version 3.x that is not likely
to change for several versions?

Thanks,
-D