[rt-users] New ticket created as resolved

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Wed Jun 22 15:36:37 EDT 2005

 > I would like a specific email notification sent when a new ticket has
 > been created as resolved so I've implemented the code found at:

I had an easier time using a custom template rather than a scrip. The
template is activated on ticket create. If the status is new, open or
stalled it inserts some text. If the status is resolved, it inserts
different text. I've appended the template below; have a look. There may
be some odd EOL characters when my mailreader wraps the text.

Obligatory disclaimer: I grew up programming BASIC and Pascal. It shows.

Rick R.

Template Autoreply (Conditional):

Subject: {$Ticket->Subject}

{
if ( ($Ticket->Status eq 'new') || ($Ticket->Status eq 'open') ||
($Ticket->Status eq 'stalled') )
   {
$OUT .=
"Thank you for submitting a request regarding:
     ".$Ticket->Subject()."

Your request has been assigned ticket number [".$rtname."
#".$Ticket->id()."].

Please include [".$rtname." #".$Ticket->id()."] in the Subject line
of all correspondence about this request for help. A copy of your
request is included below for your reference.
";
   }
elsif ($Ticket->Status eq 'resolved')
   {
$OUT .=
"Thank you for contacting the Information Technology Help Desk.
For record-keeping purposes, we have assigned a ticket number
to your request: [".$rtname." #".$Ticket->id()."]

Since we resolved your problem during our conversation, you
will not receive further e-mails about this issue. If you
have any questions or comments, please contact us at xHELP
(x4357, 713-348-4357) or helpdesk\@rice\.edu and we will be
happy to assist you.

A copy of your request is included below for your reference.
";
   }
}

You may review this request at

   {$RT::WebURL}Ticket/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id}

                         Thank you,
                         Rice University, Information Technology
                         {$Ticket->QueueObj->CorrespondAddress()}
{$Transaction->Content()}

(end template)

--
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)
On the web: http://helpdesk.rice.edu/