[rt-users] Autoreply to CCs ??

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Thu Jun 23 11:02:05 EDT 2005

Jim Archer wrote:

> It seems that it would be desirable to auto reply to the CCs

Yep, we do that. We use a template with slightly different wording,
like so:

  username at rice.edu contacted the Rice IT Help Desk
  with a request for help. They asked us to notify you.

etc.

> Is there a way to configure the autoreply script to reply
> to CCs in addition to the email listed in the TO: header?

I just used Notify, not Autoreply.

  On Create
  Notify Ccs
  with template Autoreply CC Only

I suppose that if a nonprivileged user made a ticket listing
someone else as the requestor and themselves as the CC, then
they wouldn't get the reply (per the NotifyActor setting).
Not a big deal, really, since they can't view/modify the
ticket in the self service web interface anyway.

Rick R.

--
Rick Russell
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)