[rt-users] Announcing RT::Extension::ExtractSubjectTagOnTransaction

Kevin Riggle kevinr at bestpractical.com
Tue Jun 28 18:21:19 EDT 2005

Aris -

Sorry this response has been so long in coming -- I got distracted
by a vacation.

This extension does mean that correspondance from one RT can be
mailed to another RT and show up in the appropriate ticket.
Pretty much all it does is extract the other RT instance's subject
tag and make sure that it gets added to the ticket's subject so
that threading happens properly -- we aren't circumventing the mail
gateway.  You could, however, set the development RT up to forward
to the helpdesk RT's comment address, assuming your mail gateway
is configured to handle that, which should do what you want.

- Kevin

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 01:10:24AM +0100, Aris Theocharides wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> Does this mean that transactions (correspondances) in one RT can show
> up in a ticket on another RT instance?
>
> Is there a way to make such inter-RT-communications recordable as
> comments in the recipient RT (we configure our customer facing RT
> such that clients can't see RT comment transactions). It would be
> ideal for customer support staff to see developer notes in the
> customer facing RT.
>
> Linking RT instances in this way would reduce a great deal of
> overhead when monitoring progress on one RT (watching progress on a
> bug ticket), in order to update another RT (update customer on
> progress).
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments made regarding the above!
>
> -- Aris
>

> On 15/06/2005, at 11:41 PM, Kevin Riggle wrote:
>
> >As explained in the
> >README, it is by default configured to look for the tags of other RT
> >instances in e-mail and add them to the subject line of the ticket
> >they
> >refer to, allowing you to keep tickets synchronized across instances.
> >It is also able to extract arbitrary subject tags via two
> >configuration
> >directives, so it should be useful to synchronize with other systems,
> >such as network monitoring systems, which use e-mail.

  Kevin Riggle <kevinr at bestpractical.com>
  Best Practical Solutions, LLC