[rt-users] Queue Permissions

Rick Measham rickm at 3d3.com
Tue Mar 1 17:42:06 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 14:46, I started by saying:
> I've created a new queue for a separate product. There's a separate
> team
> working on that product so I don't want the two teams seeing each
> others
> work, however although I've not set TeamA's permission to See Queue
> for
> QueueB, they can still see it and create tickets in it. I'm obviously
> missing something simple, but where?

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 15:43, I replied to myself:
> Knew it would be simple .. had set global permissions :)

Then on Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 04:07:37PM +1100, I realised:

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 01:40, Todd Chapman wrote:
> You might have to log out and back in.

Thanks Todd. I tried that to no avail. It did reset
{$session{'create_in_queues'} .. but not the queues seen in the lists. I
do note that the Queue column is blank, both in the MyRequests element
and the associated Search/Results.html page when I don't have permission
to SeeQueue.  Just thought of something ... BRB

I was right! SeeQueue doesn't stop you seeing the tickets in the queue,
it only stops you seeing the Queue in any place where you can select a
queue. It was one of the ViewTicket permissions or something that was
globally set. Everything is cool now.

Thanks :)
Rick