[rt-users] RT/2 FastCGI and Multiple Instances

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Thu Mar 3 11:28:59 EST 2005

>Second problem. I read that you have to run FastCGI if you want to run
>multiple instances of RT in the same apache. Same problem here. Most docs are
>about RT/3. Does this also apply to RT/2?

   I wrote the original wiki about multiple instances.  I have
   no experience with RT/2, so that's not included.

   However, I'd be quite surprised if fastcgi were not required
   for multiple instances in any version.  The reason is that
   fully independent instances require fully independent
   perl code bases, at least in principle.  Which is something
   you can do with fastcgi, but not with mod_perl.

      bobg