[rt-users] Perl script to dump mysql db transactions?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 4 10:26:37 EST 2005

At Thursday 3/3/2005 01:43 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
 >Can you point me to some documentation for this? A search for "perl RT
API" on the wiki gives no results.

Doug,

The documentation is embedded in the code - for example, to see the doc for
the Ticket part of the API:

perldoc $RT_HOME/lib/Ticket.pm
perldoc $RT_HOME/lib/Ticket_Overlay.pm

Here's an example of a perl script that might get you started. It takes a
RT username as an argument and displays some info for that user. The script
will need to know where your RT libraries are, so add $RT_HOME/lib to @INC.

Digging around the mason components and perl libraries to see how they use
the API should help you get further.

Good luck,
Steve

#!/var/local/bin/perl
#
use RT::Interface::CLI qw (CleanEnv GetCurrentUser);
use RT::User;

die "Usage: $0 username" if scalar(@ARGV) != 1;

CleanEnv();
RT::LoadConfig();
RT::Init();

my $UserObj = new RT::User(RT::SystemUser);
my $user = new RT::User($UserObj);
my ($v, $m) = $user->Load($ARGV[0]);

if ($v) {
     print "User found: ", $user->Name, " ", $user->EmailAddress, " ",
$user->RealName, "\n";
} else {
     print "User NOT found: $m\n";
}