[rt-users] Custom Condition based on Transaction Custom Field value

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 8 10:44:26 EST 2005

At Sunday 3/6/2005 08:11 PM, Andy Harrison wrote:
> > but (my problem is that) it checks only for "CustomField for queue",
> and i want to check a "Transaction Custom Field" value,
> > and if i fetch a TransactionObj (with $self->TransactionObj) it has
> only a CustomFieldValues. Hmmm...
> > So i tried this:
> >
> > my $Ticket = $self->TransactionObj;
> > my $CustomFieldValues=$Ticket->CustomFieldValues;
> > while (my $CustomFieldValue = $CustomFieldValues->Next) {
> > $RT::Logger->error( ".CFV. ".$CustomFieldValue->Content );
> > }
> >
> > But it logs nothing.

Is your RT configured to log errors? If so, that would indicate there are
no values for the CF for the transaction. Have you played around with perl
scripts that access the RT API? They're great for pulling out bits of code
like this and using the perl debugger to step through and get a better idea
of what's going on.

>  Individual transactions do not have custom fields.
>
>What are you trying to do?

Transaction custom fields are a neat, newer feature. I think they first
appeared in the 3.3 series.

Steve