[rt-users] Upgrading a Debian Woody Box to 3.4.1

Lee W rt-list at unassemble.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 17:08:46 EST 2005

Vicki Stanfield wrote:

>I have a Debian Woody box currently running RT3.0.0. It is incredibly
>slow. I want to upgrade it to 3.4.1, but I am unable to upgrade from
>Woody for security reasons. Is the right approach to do apt-pinning to
>get the new perl and mysql versions from testing? Are there any caveats
>that I need to know about prior to undertaking this project? Although I
>have been working with Linux for many years, Debian is still rather new
>to me.
>
>Vicki

Hi Vicki,

I've sucessfully had 3.4.1 running on Debian Unstable although I do
understand your concerns on security updates..

As an alternative you may want to have a look at Centos-2 (which is an
RHEL rebuild) and from what I can tell should have at least another 2
years of updates.  I would usually suggest a more updated version but
I've had no success getting RT to work on any other more recent versions
of Centos.

The only major things that Centos-2 is missing is MySQL 4.1 which you
can get the RPMS for from the Mysql.com website.  And you would also
need to get the large lump of Perl Modules from CPAN.

I'm in the process of downloading Centos-2 now, so I can let you know
how I get on if you wish?

Regards

Lee