[rt-users] Installing RT on RHEL 4.

Paulo Matos pjsm at fct.unl.pt
Wed Mar 9 19:36:06 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Paul Crossman wrote:

> It would be nice to use RPMS for all the perl modules, and you're right,
> there are a lot of them to build.  Has anyone gone through the effort to
> archive SRPMS somewhere?  I haven't built an RPM in ages.  Honestly, I
> haven't had the need to before now.
>
> I'd like to stick with RPMS, however, I think the folks here would rather
> have this sooner rather than later.
>
> The complete goal of what I'm doing is to migrate a 3.0.12 install from
> Windows to Linux and then upgrade that Linux install to 3.4.x.

I've done this to 3.0.10, you can hava a look at:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall

there are all pointers to RPMS and SRPMS there.

I have to migrate from 3.0.10 (with bugfix patches, the one on the
repository) to 3.4.x also.

But I was stucked with perl (I needed an upgrade to 5.8.5), so I was
waiting to test CentOS 4 to see if it's stable enough and start doing the
task. Unfortunately I can only start working by the end of this month.

--
	Paulo Matos