[rt-users] Installing RT on RHEL 4.

Brian W. Spolarich bwspolarich at uscar.org
Thu Mar 10 16:22:42 EST 2005

rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com wrote:
> Hello, I'm installing RT on RHEL 4 and I'm wondering if anyone has
> done this yet?

  Having gone through this myself with RHEL3, I'll echo what others have
said: get your own Perl (I stuck mine in /opt) and build your own
modules.

  I found some problems when building Perl modules as RHEL3 has the
systemwide LANG set to UTF8, which causes problems with the Makefiles
that Perl's MakeMaker generates.  The result is funky 'make' failures.

  export LANG=C

  solved the problem for the builds.

  BTW, does RHEL4 come with MySQL 4?  Or did you go with PostgreSQL?  RT
wants MySQL 4, and I wound up grabbing the MySQL-provided RPMs as RHEL3
doesn't include MySQL 4 b/c of some licensing issues.

  -bws