[rt-users] [Customization] My local changes are ignored

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Mar 11 06:44:10 EST 2005

I try to change a bit RT's user interface. I've read
<http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?CleanlyCustomizeRT> but my
local changes seem ignored.

I copied MyTickets from /usr/share/request-tracker3/html/Elements to
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/html/Elements. I modified it heavily
but I do not see my modifications.

/usr/share/request-tracker3/lib/RT.pm does contain:
$MasonLocalComponentRoot = '/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/html';

I restarted Apache completely to be sure (after deleting
/var/cache/request-tracker3/mason_data/*).

Strangely, the LDAP overlay which I installed works fine.

RT 3.0.12, Debian package.