[rt-users] Approval by group

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Fri Mar 11 16:31:25 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 04:16:50PM -0500, William Faulk wrote:
> Todd Chapman wrote:
> >
> >Approving is just resolving under a different name. Can the user
> >or member of the group resolve the ticket in the ticket update
> >page?
>
> Nope.  Nor can I take it.
>
> However, I made a mistake in an earlier statement.  If I set the AdminCC
> to be an individual user, that user *can* Approve/Resolve it; I made a
> mistake in testing that before.
>
> So, the complete symptom is that if the AdminCC is set to a group,
> members of that group do not seem to be given the rights assigned to the
> AdminCC role, while they would if they were assigned individually.
>
> I can see that this could be workarounded pretty easily by putting some
> perl in the Template to expand the group, but it'd be tidier for it to
> just be the group, and it works for you, right?
>
> I'm running RT 3.2.2.  Is that the same version you're running?  Maybe
> there's a join that RT is using that isn't supported by SQLite?
>
> -Bitt

The way RT is designed to work members of the group should
have the same rights when the group is assigned as AdminCc
as if the individual members were assigned. It may be a
SQLite problem, but the necessary query isn't _that_
complicated.

If SQLite can't log the queries then maybe DBIx::SearchBuilder
can do it...