[rt-users] Installing RT on RHEL 4.

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Mar 12 10:46:07 EST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 04:56:02PM -0500, Paul Crossman wrote:
> Scenario 2:  Rolling my own
>
>     - re-install (maybe) RHEL4 or just remove all the perl
>       Packages and build my own perl from sources
>     - Use CPAN to get modperl and all the modules I'll need
>     - Install RT 3.0.12
>     - Do some testing
>     - Upgrade to 3.4.x

I suspect that using CPAN, modulo the current problem with DBD::Pg,
which likely won't affect you if you choose My, will be a better way to
keep things in sync.

> Also, someone commented that I might have an easier go of it if
> I used FastCGI rather than modperl.  I'm curious why this is?

Hadn't you said you preferred to use A2/MP2?  That hasn't been
considered quite ready for prime time, to date... though I'm using it,
and it seems to be working ok for me.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me