[rt-users] Re: Upgrading a Debian Woody Box to 3.4.1

Shurik O shuriko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 00:52:32 EST 2005

I have installed RT a couple of times on Debian using the following procedure:

   1.Update to the latest possible perl
   2.Start doing Manual Install from http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ManualInstallation till you get to make testdeps
   3.If neccessary, setup CPAN (perl -MCPAN -e shell)
   4.Install as many dependencies as possible using apt(itude). You would need to guess Debian package names from CPAN
     which should be fairly easy: they usually are in format lib<package-name>-perl
   5.Install the remaining ones using CPAN
   6.Proceed with the manual install

Now I did it on woody/testing and sarge-rc2, dunno if this would work on woody/stable