[rt-users] ModifySelf right produces "Permission Denied"

Ian Norton i.norton at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 09:41:09 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've granted the ModifySelf right to System group Everyone and I'm
getting some odd behaviour.

I can change my password and all my details within the preferences page
and the database gets updated.  The problem is that it gives me an
access denied error, even though it has succeeded.

If I grant the right explicitly to a user and remove it from Everyone,
it still gives the same problem.

I'm seeing a similar problem with personal groups, in that everyone is
granted AdminOwnPersonalGroups which they can do, but there's a
Permission Denied error - even though the edits happen.

I've enabled debugging in my RT_SiteConfig.pm but it's not showing
anything unusual:

[Mon Mar 14 14:30:54 2005] [debug]: About to think about scrips for
transaction #6335
(/usr/local/packages/rt-3.4.1/lib/RT/Transaction_Overlay.pm:154)

I'm using RT 3.4.1 on Fedora Core 3 with Postgres 7.4.7.
DBD::Pg is version 1.31
DBIx::SearchBuilder is version 1.22

The only time I don't get errors on updating users details is if I do it
with a SuperUser enabled account.

Any suggestions gratefully received as I'm not having any luck tracking
this one down :(

Thanks, Ian.
--
Ian Norton