[rt-users] Multiple Requestors?

Stephen Hancock sh.hancock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:41:56 EST 2005

I am trying to work out a usable proceedure for dealing with new
accounts created by email requests. At the present time a user sends
an email for the first time to rt at example.com and RT autogenerates a
password and account with the users email address.

When processing the Ticket we realize that this new account belongs to
usernameatCompany1 and would like to combine the two.

We would like to simply add another requestor to the ticket with the
existing account so the user could access the ticket regardless of
which account he/she logs in as. (Home email to SelfService, Work
Account to the RT at a Glance web interface). RT allows us to add
other requestors and it displays as a comma delimited list But.....

Our problem is that when we do this, only the email account that
created the ticket is recognized in searches for queries asking for
tickets that "I am the requestor" . It will only recognize the one
requestor name even though we have both accounts listed as requestors
on the ticket.

Is there a way around this? We would like to add the established
account to the ticket so it can be accessed from both logins. If we
delete the home email address and replace it with the business
account, it will be recreated the next time the user sends an email
from home or away. Add to this the problem with the user trying to log
on with the supplied email username and password which has been
deleted, changed.

How is this being handled at other sites?