[rt-users] Multiple Requestors?

Steven Halpern shalpern at biopharm.com
Tue Mar 15 08:15:00 EST 2005

Stephen,
This sound similar to my problem.
Here is what I have done so far.
All my usernames are the same as their email.
By doing this, when you add the additional email address as an additional
Requestor on the Watchers screen, either user will be able to see and update
this ticket..

This works for me.
However, I have an additional problem I am trying to solve related to this.
I have a group of 5 users who need to share a Requestor account.
They all have the "Let this user access RT" access control.
I tried adding their individual e-mail address in the Email field of the New
User screen.
When one of the five creates the ticket.  All five get the announcement of
the ticket creation.  But none of the 5 get any additional updates.
What I found was that the header of the ticket shows the user e-mail
addresses as the Requestor, not the shared account name.  The People link
(Watchers screen) shows the same.  When I change the Watchers screen to
delete the individual e-mail addresses as requestors and add the Shared name
as the Requestor, the system now e-mails updates to all users correctly.  It
also still shows the individual e-mail addresses on the header but the
Watcher stays the shared name.

Also, there is a character limit on the Email field, so I can only enter the
first 4 emails.

Steven