[rt-users] RT Emails in Pine

Roy McMorran mcmorran at mdibl.org
Tue Mar 15 13:51:47 EST 2005

On occasion our staff use "Pine" to read email remotely.  Plain text emails
from RT show up in Pine as attachments rather than plain text, i.e.
    [ Part 1, Text/PLAIN (charset: UTF-8 "Internet-standard Unicode")  22 ]
    [ Not Shown. Use the "V" command to view or save this part. ]

I've changed the default charset (in RT_SiteConfig.pm) to be us-ascii,
but the
message still can't be viewed 'inline', Pine now says:

    [ Part 1, Text/PLAIN  5 lines. ]
    [ Not Shown. Use the "V" command to view or save this part. ]

Does anyone know of a configuration option to RT (or Pine) that will allow
Pine's internal viewer to display these messages?  I've already tried
all the
.pinerc options I can think of.  Thanks for any assistance.

-r

--
Roy McMorran
Systems Administrator