[rt-users] Re: Is there a way to watch for updates to tickets ?

Michael Brown brown_m_k at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 16 09:28:21 EST 2005

Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to watch for updates to tickets by customers (or other
> support staff).
> I'd like to have a view that gives me previews/lists of updates that
> haven't been "seen" ("acknowledged") by myself or anybody else.

Hi Rainer!

I had posted this back in January.  Maybe it's something that will help?

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I implemented this
on my system in order to see on the "home page" who was the last
responder on tickets I currently own.

I'm using the Debian packages for RT, so my paths may be different than
yours.  Replace /usr/share/rt and /usr/local/share/rt with the paths
appropriate to your system.  In /usr/local/share/rt/html/ (or wherever
your local html directory is) make sure you have a directory called
Elements.  In Elements, copy the file
/usr/share/rt/html/Elements/MyTickets to /usr/local/share/rt/html/MyUpdates.

Then modify the file MyUpdates to the Following:

### Start PERL CODE ###
%# }}} END BPS TAGGED BLOCK
<&|/Elements/TitleBox,
         title => loc("[_1] most recently updated tickets I own", $rows),
         title_href => "Search/Results.html".$QueryString &>
<& /Elements/TicketList,
         Format => "'<a
href=\"$RT::WebPath/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__\">__id__</a>/TITLE:#',
'<a
href=\"$RT::WebPath/Ticket/Display.html?id=__id__\">__Subject__</a>/TITLE:Subject',
QueueName, ExtendedStatus, LastUpdated, LastUpdatedBy",
         Query => $Query,
         OrderBy => 'LastUpdated',
         Order => 'DESC',
         ShowNavigation => 0,
         Rows => $rows

         &>
</&>
<%init>
my $rows = $RT::MyRequestsLength;

my $Query = " Owner = '".$session{'CurrentUser'}->Id."' AND ( Status =
'new' OR Status = 'open')";

my $QueryString = '?' . $m->comp('/Elements/QueryString',
             Query => $Query,
             Order => 'DESC',
             OrderBy => 'Priority') if ($Query);

</%init>
### End perl Code for MyUpdates ###

Next, you'll need to copy /usr/share/rt/html/index.html to
/usr/local/share/rt/html/index.html and modify it as follows.

Scroll down the file 'till you find the following.  Add the <&
/Elements/MyUpdates &> wherever it makes sense for your organization.  I
put it after the MyTickets part, but before the MyRequests (unowned
tickets).

<TD WIDTH=70% class="boxcontainer">
<& /Elements/MyTickets &>
<BR>