[rt-users] RTFM 2.0.4 / RT 3.0.4 Syslog error line 77?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Mar 16 18:35:31 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:41:24PM -0500, Glenn Sieb wrote:
> I've always run syslog in -s -s mode (as in the past 4 years, it's how I
> installed this box originally, and I've certainly run various RT
> versions over those years). Why would Log::Syslog care about that all of
> a sudden? :-/

Well, since you can get

>           ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

the quote correct, I'll take one more stab at it.  :-)

It's unreasonably hard to google for Log::Syslog, but I did find it
using CPAN's own search... and I'm not seeing much.

The lsof output did look like it was listening on a TCP/UDP port... but
it *would* usually be UDP, IIRC, and your message says TCP explicitly.

Do you have logger(8) on your machine?  Does it debug?

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me