[rt-users] LDAP Auth

Obando, David DE - EV D.Obando at ehapa.de
Fri Mar 18 06:09:36 EST 2005

Dear all,

-I'm using rt 3.4.1 on a Debian 3.1/sparc system.
-I have an external LDAP server (Windoze AD)
-I want RT to check users against the LDAP server directly

I searched the mailing list archive for days but I still can't get it
working.

I downloaded
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/contrib/3.0/LDAP1.0_RT3.tar.gz
and added it to my RT installation. My RT_SiteConfig.pm looks like this:

# LDAP Auth
Set($WebExternalAuth , undef);
$LDAPExternalAuth = 1;
$LdapServer="txlevd1-dct01";
$LdapUser="cn=evldap,dc=ev,dc=egmont,dc=com";
$LdapPass="xxx";
$LdapBase="dc=ev,dc=egmont,dc=com";
$LdapUidAttr="sAMAccountName";
$LdapFilter="(objectclass=*)";
$LdapTLS = 1;
#$LdapGroup ="dc=ev,dc=egmont,dc=com";
#$LdapGroupAttribute = 'uniqueMember';
$LdapSSLVersion = 3;
#

RT does not communicate with my LDAP server (I tcpdumped it), it is
still authenticating against its own DB.

-Is my RT_SiteConfig.pm correct?
-What about the rt-root/html/autohandler? Do I have to put it into
local/html or share/html. When putting it to share/html I received
several errors.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regards,
David