[rt-users] Debian Sarge; Qmail; Email Problems

Sam Snow sam.snow at christianheritageschool.org
Sat Mar 19 04:57:41 EST 2005

Chris Robinson said:
> Hi
>
> I am running RT on Sarge. Version 3.0.12.  When I first installed it
> worked fine.
>
> Since then I have installed RTFM which works fine, and updated with
> apt-get.
>
> The problem is that incoming email creates tickets in the normal way,
> but there is no outgoing mail from RT at all.
>
> Can anyone help or tell me how to contruct logs so I can find the
> problems.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Robinson

Tail -f your /var/log/syslog when RT is supposed to send an email.
Anything show up in there?

You could also check /services/qmail-smptd/log/main/current and the same
path but qmail-send intead of smtpd.

Does your tcp.cdb allow for the web server (localhost) to send emails
without authintication/restriction?

How did you install qmail? From source following lifewithqmail,
qmail-rocks.org, or via a package? Qmail is running, right? Can other
applications send mail via this server?

Sam