[rt-users] RE: RT on RHEL 4 with FastCGI

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Mar 19 21:41:47 EST 2005

The problem is most definitely with the location and permissions of the
log file in /etc/httpd/logs/fastcgi/<blah>.

For one, make sure that the entire path /var/logs/httpd (that's where
/etc/httpd/logs points to) is world executable and world readable.

Then, make sure that the user "apache" and group "apache" have full
read-write-execute access on the fastcgi directory iteslf.  If you still
have problems, just make that directory world read-write-execute..
that'll get you running, then back off on the permissions until you are
comfortable with them.

-Rich