[rt-users] RE: RT on RHEL 4 with FastCGI

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Mar 20 16:44:36 EST 2005

*nod*

I've been running RT under RH (and other Unix variants)  for years, and,
with each upgrade and install under RH, I always bump in to the
permissions problem.  It really is a pain in the rear. :(

Simply changing the perms on the /var/logs/httpd/fastcgi directory and
insuring that everyone has rx permissions on /var/log/httpd allows the
FastCGI server to start up.  From there, you're up and running!

Be sure to optimize your FastCGI implementation by tweaking the
-idle-timeout and the -processes options.  Common settings for those are
"-idle-timeout 120 -processes 5".. you'll see a significant improvement
in performance.

-Rich