[rt-users] Unable to generate tickets via email

Sam Snow sam.snow at christianheritageschool.org
Mon Mar 21 03:24:48 EST 2005

Shubha Ramnath said:
> Sendmail is the mail program. I have an aliased account on the mail
> server in the LAN that points to the RT mail accoint . When I send an
> email to that alias, it is delivered to the RT box and nothing beyond
> that. When I login as the RT mail account , say helpdesk, and check
> mail of that user, the mail is in the inbox of helpdesk.
>
> The mails are delivered to the RT box and do not bounce back.
>
> -shubha

Ok then, what is your queue named and how exactly is the account set up on
the RT box?

For example, for a queue named general my qmail alias on the RT box looks
like this:

|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
http://aslan.christianheritageschool.org/rt/

Is your mail getting sent to rt-mailgate? Can you similate this from the
command line and pass it a message that way? Is there anything showing up
in the mail server logs on the RT box when the message gets delivered?

Sam