AW: [rt-users] LDAP Auth

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Mon Mar 21 07:29:02 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Obando, David DE - EV wrote:

> Now I can see (Ethereal) that there is communication between my RT
> server and the LDAP server, but the LDAP server always reject the LDAP
> request with a "Invalid credentials (0x31)".

Invalid credentials means that the username and password used to bind to
the server are incorrect.  Some LDAP servers are configured to always
require a username and a password in order to submit queries instead of
allowing anoymous queries.  If that is how your server is configured, you
need to specify the username and password in $LdapUser and $LdapPass.  If
your LDAP server allows anonymous queries (and anonymous queries return
information for all of the fields you want), then those two values should
not be defined.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"Would you like seating in first-hand smoking or second-hand smoking?"