[rt-users] Thoroughly stumped [SOLVED]

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Mar 22 22:56:30 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-22-03 at 11:24 -0500, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> The interface is working, except for the top left "busted image"
> syndrome.  I can't for the life of me figure out why the image is broken
> this time around when a similar config worked well on the FC1 machine.

I've managed to get everything working.  The logo and CSS are no longer
being whacked by FastCGI, the errors in the logs are gone, and I'm all
smiles.

I spent two days trying to solve the busted image problem, but it was
this page that finally gave me the hint I needed:

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/support/topic_fastcgi.html

Here's my final working Apache VirtualHost config for RT 3.2.2 on a
Fedora Core 3 server:

FastCGIWrapper /usr/sbin/suexec
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp/fastcgi
FastCgiServer /var/www/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 300 -
processes 2 -init-start-delay 5 -user rt -group rt

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName blah.blah.com
    ServerAlias blah.blah.local
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/rt_error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/rt_access_log combined
    DocumentRoot "/var/www/rt/share/html"
    AddDefaultCharSet UTF-8
    SuexecUserGroup rt rt

    Alias /NoAuth/images/ /var/www/rt/share/html/NoAuth/images/
    Alias /NoAuth/webrt.css/ /var/www/rt/share/html/NoAuth/webrt.css/

    <Location /NoAuth/images>
                SetHandler default-handler
    </Location>

    <Location /NoAuth/webrt.css>
                SetHandler default-handler
    </Location>

    ScriptAlias / /var/www/rt/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

    <Directory /var/www/rt/share/html>
                Options +ExecCGI
                SetHandler fastcgi-script
                DirectoryIndex index.html