[rt-users] Broken links to tickets

Douglas Denny douglasdenny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:18:15 EST 2005

Thanks for everyones help on this. I tried to upgrade last night and
ran into some problems. I could log in, and view the queues, but I
couldn't see ticket history and was getting some errors. Of course,
one was the solaris logging error, which I found the Wiki this
morning. I will give it another try later today.

Regards,

-Doug

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:04:06 -0500, Joseph_Micciche at progressive.com
<Joseph_Micciche at progressive.com> wrote:
> Hi Doug, I just upgraded from 3.0.7_01 to 3.2.3 this weekend - while
> versions aren't the same, the process should be and here's what worked for
> me.
>
> I copied off RT_SiteConfig.pm and httpd.conf for safekeeping.
>
> > Stop Web Server
>
> Yes.
>
> > mv /otp/rt3 /opt/rt3.0.10
>
> No. The upgrade simply builds new binaries so leave your tree in place
> (that will leave all of your callbacks, customizations, etc in place
> *after* the upgrade). At most, cp your existing RT tree off somewhere else
> for safekeeping.
>
> > rt-3.4.1/make install
>
> Nope, you're upgrading not installing. From wherever you unpacked 3.4.1:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/path-to/rt --with-db-type=<dbtype>
> --with-web-user=<user> --with-web-group=<group>
>
> (I don't even know if this is required for an upgrade, no-one answered when
> I asked, but it seemed to work for me.)
>
> Then I ran test-dependencies script in the upgrade package, and built any
> updated dependencies.
>
> >rt-3.4.1/make upgrade
>
> Yep.
>
> Then apply the db changes per the result of the make upgrade.
>
> >Start Web Server.
>
> Yep.
>
> Joe Micciche
> Progressive Insurance