[rt-users] Re: Recommendation on RT 3.4.1 Installation Packages?

seph seph at directionless.org
Thu Mar 24 00:05:14 EST 2005

> o Is it true that I can go with Apache and FastCGI as an alternative to
> using mod_perl at all?

You need to use *either* fastcgi or modperl. A single rt instance uses
one, and only one of them.

> o If so, which versions of Apache and FastCGI should I use? At the fastcgi
> download site, there is a mod_fastcgi-2.4.2 source distribution;  would
> this be OK?

I run the current apache2 and current fastcgi at several sites. It
works fine.

>   mod_perl 2.0 isn't quite ready for prime time just yet;
>   Best Practical Solutions strongly recommends that sites
>   use Apache 1.3 or FastCGI.
>
> Does this mean I could use Apache 2.x + FastCGI and forget mod_perl?  Or
> must I use Apache 1.3 anyway in order to avoid mod_perl 2.0?

This says "modperl2 isn't ready for prime time. If you want modperl,
use apache1." apache2 and fastcgi is fine.

> BTW, is there an archive for this list?

yes, several. I expect them to be linked off the wiki, I usually just
use google.

seph