[rt-users] Suggestion regarding tickets created by the "Out of Office" agent in Notes

Bruce Campbell bc-rt at vicious.dropbear.id.au
Thu Mar 24 08:44:58 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Drew Barnes wrote:

> MikeHamilton at clovisusd.k12.ca.us wrote:
> >
> > I've been noticing a lot of tickets that are being created because a
> > ticket was resolved when someone was out of the office. The thing
> >
> > 1) A user has a ticket that is resolved while they are out on vacation
> > 2) The technician closes the ticket and RT sends them a message
> > 3) Their email account (we use Domino) automatically sends a message
> > back to RT stating that the employee is out of the office.
> > 4) If we close the ticket that was auto created before they get back
> > from vacation, this whole process starts over again.
>
> This sounds like a great time to apply Russell Mosemann's OnResolve Once
> template.  I believe he sent it out to this list earlier this month.  I
> will look to see if I have that mail handy to forward to you individually.

That assumes that the vacation auto-reply is coming back with the same
subject, so that RT can file it into the original ticket.  Unfortunately,
this behaviour cannot be relied upon, particularly if you are dealing with
customers outside your own mail system.

So, if you've got a regular series of vacation messages coming in, the
easiest solution is to encapsulate the invocation to RT within a
procmailrc file that filters out such bad messages.

--==--
Bruce.