[rt-users] startup error

David Oberlitner david.oberlitner at aspidon.net
Sat Mar 26 12:04:40 EST 2005

Raymond Norton wrote:
> I had a working rt3 install on  my server. There where some upgrades
> done and now I get a string of errors specific to rt when I try to start
> apache. All other web apps work.
> <error>
>

> Can't locate Apache/Constants.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Locale, etc...
>
> Can't load Perl file: /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>
> </error>
>
> I do have Constants.pm under the following areas:
>  /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Locale/Constants.pm
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/Encode/CJKConstants.pm
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Constants.pm
> Any idea how I can fix this?

The first error message indicates your system can't find the
Apache::Constants perl package in any path in perl's include path array,
@INC.

On my system I have the following two Constants packages installed:

Locale::Constants
Apache::Constants

They are distinct packages that serve distinct purposes. Their
respective file locations are:

/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/Locale/Constants.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i686-linux/Apache/Constants.pm

The solution to the first error message is to satisfy the requirement by
installing Apache::Constants. You may be able to use your system
specific package manager to install the required package. An alternative
solution is to install via perl's package manager 'cpan' invoked as root.

root # cpan

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.7601)
ReadLine support enabled

cpan> help                   	# lists terse help
cpan> i Apache::Constants    	# Lists package info
cpan> install Apache::Constants	# Installs package
cpan> quit                      # Exits cpan

The second error message may be resolved by resolving the first.

David