[rt-users] Is there a sendmail tip for freebsd?:)

Graham Dunn graham.dunn at leitch.com
Mon Mar 28 09:27:51 EST 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 10:08:14PM -0800, jay alvarez wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to configure sendmail to accept incoming
> emails outside localhost.
>
> While doing some readings with rt manuals, I came
> accross this entry in /etc/aliases and also placed it
> in my /etc/aliases
>

> rt: "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate  \
>           --queue 'Queue1' --action correspond \
>           --url https://rt.your.domain/"

Is "rt.your.domain" really what you have in there, it should be the URL
you use to connect to RT. (just checking)

where mail-file.txt is a mail message to test with:

cat mail-file.txt | /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue 'Queue1'
--action correspond --url https://theRTURL/

That'll give you a much better sense of where the error lies.

Graham