[rt-users] Other queues showing up in "RT at a Glance"

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Mon Mar 28 14:55:04 EST 2005

Brelsfoard, Alex wrote:

>Yeah, this is exactly what is going on with our setup.  We have an email
>alias setup to be able to create tickets. But for this to be working what
>exactly needs to be?  I have taken away ALL rights from "Everyone" and have
>Watch and CreateTicket set for "Requestor".  Emails are still able to create
>tickets, but low-level users are also still seeing tickets they shouldn't be.

This is why we do not use any global rights (beyond ModifySelf), instead
setting rights on each queue.  For our netpos queue we have:
Everyone: CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket
Requestor: SeeTicket
Network group: Modify, Own, SeeQueue, Show, Show Comments, Watch, Watch
as CC

We also do some customization in the User Rights section, but always in
the Queue rights and never globally.

DB