[rt-users] Suggestion regarding tickets created by the "Out of Office" agent in Notes

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Mar 29 12:02:37 EST 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 8:59 PM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Can you get me an example notes out of office autoreply, complete with
> all headers? In the absence of an actual standard, we look for
> characteristics of autoreplies when we decide whether to squelch.
> Clearly notes isn't sending the same thing as everybody else.

I think RT needs a much better squelch than just guessing if it is an
autoreply, since there are a bazillion different formats.

We had an issue with one of our vendors: the autoreply to mail sent to
them comes from a different address.  RT dutifully forwards a copy of
that autoreply to the requestor address, and then a short while later,
their autoreply comes back into the ticket, which dutifully forwards a
copy to the requestor, etc., etc., etc.

RT 3.2 so if this is fixed in 3.4, sorry for the noise.  There has to
be an address-based rate limit.