[rt-users] RT & EXIM (part2)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Mar 30 09:46:42 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 09:16:46PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> > A quick check suggests you're right: even Mutt doesn't copy that
> > RT-Ticket header (which really ought, of course, to be "X-RT-Ticket:")
>
> Actually, RFC2822 says you don't need the X anymore.

Really?

I'd read it, but apparently not exhaustively enough.

[ reads ]

I see that 3.6.8 has been loosened not to require the prefix.  I'd be
interested in the history of that, because I can still see why it might
be a bad idea.

Ok, it was a *long* time between 822 and 2822; you'd think any new
official header they might want to introduce would be there already,
and not therefore a candidate for a collision...

but not all the smart people worked on 2822, either.

Time for some research, obviously.

Cheers,
- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me